Voon Fei's Blog

Creativeness Unleashed...

Can't remember Addresses? Use Address Book!

Again...this tutorial is for Mac User. I'm so sorry Windows users, no tutorials for you guys, but I'm sure you guys are expert in Windows.:)

Have you ever heard of Address Book? I'm sure you do. Base on the name itself, it definitely has something to do with Address. I must say Address Book is a great software, it not just stores contact but also you can use it to work with other softwares such as Mail. You won't know how it works until you try it.

It looks like this:



I already had all my contacts here. But if you are new, you should only see Apple Computer Inc.



Now I select Interact Club directory, so, you see all my Interactors' contact here including myself for no reason. Then, you see my contact, my name, nickname, post, school, phone numbers, emails, birthday. You can have more details if you want to.

To add new contact:
1) Make sure you are at "All" in the "Group" column.
2) Hit  + N, which means "New Card".


3) Then just fill in the blanks.

Grouping
If you want this contact to be in specific group, just drag the card from the "Name" column to your desired group.

Sending email to a person
When you want to send an email to someone, just find that person in your Address Book, again, drag the card to the correct field (To, Cc, Bcc).

Sending email to a group of people
If you are about to send an email to a group of people, for example: I want to forward an email to all members of Interact Club, therefore, I will drag "Interact Club" in "Group" column instead of dragging the name card one by one since there are so many people in Interact Club.

0 comments:

    Recent Posts